- How do you know when the cranberry sauce is ready?
The cranberry sauce is ready. The pectin (natural sugar) contained in the cranberries thickens the sauce. It then takes the consistency of a jam. Don't forget that it will thicken even more as it cools.
- How do I thin a cranberry sauce?
If your cranberry sauce is too thick, add a little water or orange juice to loosen it up before removing it from the heat, it's that easy!
- Do I need to refrigerate cranberry sauce?
Cranberry sauce is best served at room temperature or slightly chilled. Don't hesitate to prepare the sauce a few days before the meal, and take it out two hours before the meal.
- How long does cranberry sauce keep in the refrigerator?
Properly stored, homemade cranberry sauce will keep in the refrigerator for 10 to 14 days.
- Can you freeze cranberry sauce?
Yes, you can freeze cranberry sauce!