This recipe for cannelloni with cod and pepperoni smells like family dishes that we love to share. The pepperoni enhances the taste of the fish and counterbalances the roundness of the stuffing. Your papillae will love it!
If you have problems at home to make people eat fish, this recipe is ideal. The fish is invisible and its flavor mixes with the rest of the ingredients.
Make no mistake, the surf & turf association between cod and pepperoni work perfectly.
Cod is a fish with little flavor, so you have to find a trick to spice it up.
Pepperoni is the perfect solution. Of course, it's all a question of proportion. You don't want it to carry everything away either.
What do you use in stuffing?
Stuffing is very important in this recipe. Indeed, too dry the dish will be thick and unpleasant to eat. Too liquid and you end up with pasta on one side and a stuffing sauce mixture on the other.
To avoid this, here is what I advise you to use as ingredients:
- ricotta cheese
- a lemon juice
This way your stuffing will hold during cooking and will not be too dry thanks to the humidity of the fish and ricotta
Is that all?
No, you're right. Once your cannelloni is ready, you add tomato sauce on top.
In the pictures I used homemade tomato sauce, but if you don't have any, you can use a ready-made tomato sauce or even better, make one with tomato puree.
You finish by grating some pecorino romano on your dish.
I don't have time to make the pasta
Then in this case, I advise you to use either :
- dry cannelloni that you stuff
- fresh lasagna that you will roll into a tube
This will save you time. For the homemade pasta, you will make it during the next vacations.
- Cut the cod in cube of about 0.5cm side
- You can use chorizo instead of pepperoni, it works great.
- Do not hesitate to add fresh herbs to your stuffing, basil, chives, parsley, chervil. They will bring a very pleasant herbaceous note.
- If your stuffing is too dry, relax it with some ricotta water. Nothing is lost.
- You can add candied tomato to the stuffing, having taken care to chop it.
- If you prefer to make them with meat, then don't hesitate to stuff them with Neapolitan Ragù.
Cannelloni with cod and pepperoni
A nice family dish of Cannelloni with cod and pepperoni super simple to make. It will delight your guests and make your taste buds dance with its flavors. Land, sea and pasta in one dish. What more could you ask for?
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Meal
- Cuisine: Italian
For the stuffing
- 300 g of cod
- 150 g of ricotta cheese
- 10 slices of pepperoni
- 1 small onion
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 turn of pepper mill
- 6 lasagnas cut in half
- 12 dry cannelloni
In addition to this
- 20 cl of tomato sauce
- 50 g pecorino romano
- Cut the cod into 0.5 cm dice
- Cut the pepperoni and onions into fine brunoise (very small dice)
- In a mixing bowl, stuffing ingredients
- Cut your lasagna plates in half to have 12 rectangles.
- Spoon the stuffing on, then roll your pasta into the shape of a cannelloni.
- Put a little tomato sauce at the bottom of a gratin dish (one to two spoonfuls).
- Mix the rest of your sauce in the bowl that contained your stuffing. To recover what may have stuck to the rim.
- Pour it all over your cannelloni. Grate the pecorino romano over the whole dish.
- Cook for 20 minutes at 350°F ( 180°C ).
- Serving Size: 4